Once a week, I’ll be posting interesting links concerning Padres’ baseball and their minor affiliates. Here we go:
- ESPN’s senior writer, David Scheonfield believes every playoff contender would be trying to get their hand on Brad Hand to bolster their bullpen.
- We will have to wait longer to witness 2015’s most dominant reliever take the mound. Capps, who is with Triple-A El Paso, was placed on a seven-day minor league disabled list.
- NBC7’s Derek Togerson reported that the Padres signed twenty-five international players. In particular, he emphasized on the signing of a sixteen year old Aussie, Jarryd dale.
- Ed Lucas from nj.com pays tribute to former Padres owner Ray Kroc and talks about how the Chicago born Kroc saved the Padres from moving from San Diego to Washington D.C. When Ray told his wife, philanthropist Joan Kroc, that he wanted to buy the San Diego Padres, she responded, “Why on Earth would you invest in a monastery?”
- In an interesting fan post on Gaslamp Ball, a fan talks about the brand identity crisis that the club is undergoing.
- Friarsonbase’s Cheri Bell takes a look at all the Padre catching prospects in the minor league system.
- Dennis Lin of San Diego Union Tribune talks about how the Padres could be looking to trade relief pitchers Yates and Stammen. He also provides an update about star pitching prospect Anderson Espinoza’s latest injury status.